Our excellent staff supports the many programs and services and Albany UU. Contact our staff with any questions you may have anytime!
Rev. Samuel A. Trumbore, Minister
Before coming to Albany in 1999, Rev. Trumbore served in Port Charlotte, Florida for six years and three years in a consulting role in Niagara Falls, New York, the congregation in which he was ordained. He received his education for ministry in Berkeley, California at Starr King School for the Ministry. He is Past President of Iroquois Chapter of the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association and the Unitarian Universalist Buddhist Fellowship. He is past President of a Capital Region faith based community organizing project called ARISE, A Regional Initiative Supporting Empowerment. Rev. Trumbore continues to serve in various non-profit leadership and support roles in the Capital Region of New York. He is also active with the West Hill Minister’s Fellowship and Interfaith Impact of New York State. Rev. Trumbore is married to Philomena Moriarty Trumbore and together they have a son Andrew born in 1992.
Amy Lent, Church Administrator
Amy is responsible for and can assist you with:
- General direction and administration of church operations and facility management.
- Building rentals.
- Supervision of administrative and custodial staff including managing human resources.
- Congregational communications.
- Support for church programs in general, the membership process, the Board of Trustees, and the Public Relations, Building Use, and Building and Grounds committees.
Amy is a member of the Association of UU Administrators.
Leah Purcell, Director of Religious Education
Leah is responsible for:
- Assisting people of all ages explore and develop their religious beliefs in the context of our seven UU principles. The greatest and most direct involvement of the DRE is with programming at Albany UU for children and youth.
- Leah partners with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the religious growth of their children. She is also a resource for parents when they are having difficulties in their family lives.
- Leah lends guidance, support and direct involvement with Religious Education programming for lifespan faith development for adults (of any age).
- Leah is a member of Albany UU’s Safe Congregation Task Force which guides implementation of the Board’s policy, Toward a Safe Congregation.
- Leah participates in and facilitates the activities of UU organizations in the larger world. This includes the Hudson Mohawk UU’s of NY cluster, the Central East Region and LREDA (Liberal Religious Educators Association).
Leah received her RE credentialing through the Unitarian Universalist Association in 2011 at the Credentialed level. She is the convener of the DRE’s of CRUUNY. She serves on the St. Lawrence Nominating Committee. She also serves on the LREDA 21st Century Fund Grant Committee and as a mentor in the credentialing program through the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Tammy Hathaway, Administrative Assistant
Tammy can assist Albany UUs with room reservations, financial questions, publications, and volunteering. Tammy is here part-time, and is the friendly person you are most likely to meet when you contact us.
Currently our position for Music Director is open.
We are accepting applications for the position starting November 1.
For more information visit this link.