Join With Us!
Almost every Sunday, we offer a religious service and a religious education program for children. A forum that addresses issues of public concern is usually offered once a month from September to June. Our volunteer choir, service leaders and all who participate fill our service space with an energizing experience. Feel free to drop in. As a non-creedal society of people devoted to the twin concerns of human dignity and community needs, our pulpit is often open to others, in addition to our minister, the Rev. Samuel Trumbore.
We explore many topics concerning our total world, while seeking to be welcoming and open-minded to all without concern for race, philosophy, political affiliation, physical abilities or sexual preferences. We continually look for opportunities to increase our collective role as part of the larger community. Both before and after the service, at committee tables in Channing Hall, you will find information about many engaging opportunities as we seek to help others in this world that we all share. Come, be energized and allow us to welcome you, personally, to Albany UU.
What to Expect
When: 10:00 a.m. Sundays (lasting approx. one hour). The ringing of a chime signals the time to move from the social hall to the sanctuary for the service. As you enter, an usher will give you an order of service, which describes the details of service, such as hymn numbers.
- 9:00 Mindfulness Meditation – Sanctuary
- 9:30 Early Bird Coffee – Channing Hall
- 9:45 Two-year-old room and nursery open
- 10:00 Service – Community Hall
- 10:00 Religious Education (RE) starts. Children in pre-school through 5th grade attend first part of service with family. Sixth through 12th graders go directly to their classrooms.
- 11:00 Coffee Hour – Channing Hall
- 11:20 Religious Education ends. Children and youth in grades 3-12 are dismissed from their classes. Children in 2nd grade and younger are to be picked up at their classrooms.
- 11:30 Forum – Community Hall
Please check the current calendar or Windows newsletter to verify times of services in case of changes for special events.
Where: in Community Hall or the sanctuary, 405 Washington Avenue, Albany. Latecomers will be directed to the back of the space by the ushers and seated during the designated intervals.