As we continue to navigate this COVID-19 pandemic, we are in a unique position as a Faith Community. We have the opportunity to use what power we have to put into action our principles, practice and model wearing masks, physical distancing and do our part to continue and slow the spread of COVID-19. This is our responsibility to our community and our obligation to each other.
Sunday services and all groups are meeting online until further notice.
Find more information about our Sunday services here.
We know our congregations are not our buildings, but our people.
Essential Building Use Guidelines
The Albany UU Ministries and Operations Team (MOT) may consider certain requests for very limited use of our facility at 405 Washington Avenue under controlled, specific circumstances.
- Our review and approval of applications will be based on policy guidance from the Albany UU Board of Trustees as well as current state and local public health directives.
- Using information that you provide in the application, the MOT will consider the risks and benefits to participants and to our congregation.
- In most cases, the MOT will not approve requests for activities that can take place in some alternative way, such as Zoom.
- Neither singing nor eating will be allowed in the building.
- For any visit to our building, even to pick up or drop off an item, you need to receive pre-clearance from staff (Tammy Hathaway: email@example.com). This enables staff to schedule visitors to avoid overlap.
- For either type of building use – brief visit or approved activity – each individual must fill out a brief health survey prior to or immediately upon entry of the building, each time they enter. The survey is available online (preferred) and in paper form at the membership desk.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in the building, and visits are expected to be as brief as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources from the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations: