Black Lives Matter Vigil
October 10, 2020 | 10:30 AM
Join the Albany UU Social Responsibilities Council (SRC) and Inclusivity Team for a Black Lives Matter vigil in Troy:
When: Saturday, 10/10/20, 10:30-11:00 am
Where: Troy, corner of River Street at the intersection of Fulton and Third Streets
- physical distance, masks
- signs only, no chanting
- all weather
The purpose is two-fold:
- to express that Black Lives Matter
- to embolden white people to act against racism
To ensure safety as much as we can, we are working under these agreements as a provisionary covenant:
- We carry signs with the same message: “Black Lives Matter,” or “Stand Against Racism.”
- We limit our positive responses to a thumbs-up or a wave.
- We do not respond to any negative reactions, such as heckling.
- The police officers at the farmers market (across the street) will be notified that there is a gathering.
- One person, not holding a sign, will be designated to take photos of license plates of anyone who is inappropriate.
- We all leave at the end of the vigil, and people leave together.
- If friends join us, we advise them of the measures above.
If you can’t or don’t want to join standing, you are invited to drive by and wave or honk encouragement.