December 6, 2022 | 7:00 PM
Exploring the Hebrew Tanakh, Christian Scriptures, and their influences
Six self-contained multi-platform (in-person in Channing Hall) and recorded Zoom sessions beginning Tuesday, November 1, 2022; 7pm-8:30pm (please note that this is the correct time).
Presented by Jacob King, Ministerial Intern
- This series will cover specific information in each session relevant to Unitarian Universalists.
- You do not need to have ever read the “Bible” to understand and gain key insights.
- Each session will be recorded, in-person, and over zoom.
- Some sessions may include a virtual-reality component; with alternative options for individuals online or with motion sickness.
These are the six sessions:
- Overview of the Hebrew Tanakh and Christian Scriptures (Tuesday, November 1st, 2022; 7pm-8:30pm)
- Torah and Gospels (Tuesday, November 29th, 2022; 7pm-8:30pm)
- Christmas Special: Sol Invictus, Zoroastrianism, and “Baby Jesus” (Tuesday December 6th, 2022; 7pm-8:30pm)
- UU Christian Heritage (Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023; 7pm-8:30pm)
- Evangelical Christianity in America (Tuesday, January 31st, 2023; 7pm-8:30pm)
- Modern Biblical Academia & Studies (Tuesday, February 7th, 2023; 7pm-8:30pm)
To sign-up email Jking@albanyuu.org, call the office at 518-463-7135, or just show up!
Sessions will be posted online after a brief editing period
Use this link to join remotely:
By phone: 1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 963 886 2931