October 18, 2019 | 3:00 PM
UU Weekend at Silver Bay
Our 26th Anniversary — October 18-20, 2019
Where Memories are Made
Special Attractions at Silver Bay
Comradery, colorful fall scenery, campfires, and culinary pleasures await you at a coveted setting. Please join us at the UU Weekend at Silver Bay on Lake George from October 18-20, 2019.
I love being in a beautiful place interacting with many UUs from different places. –Andrea Ricard
Dr. Janice Gallagher who is currently an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University will be our keynote speaker, addressing Human Rights Under Attack.
Enjoy music? Our Saturday evening entertainment will feature an intergenerational dance with the Tamarack Band http://www.tamarack-band.com. Tamarack brings the joyous touch of traditional fiddle tunes, reels, lively jigs, and smooth waltzes.
Want to sleep in? Don’t want to be on a workshop schedule? Here are a few of the activities you can enjoy on your own time table: archery, canoeing, fitness center, kayaking, labyrinth walks and self-guided trails, board games and puzzles, horseshoes, shuffleboard and tennis.
Remember – the cost is all-inclusive – meals are provided at Silver Bay’s lovely dining hall… from Saturday morning through Sunday lunch. Want to upgrade your lodging? Sign up for a new premium room above the dining hall! First-timers will receive an additional 10% discount!
Have you registered for this eagerly awaited highlight of the fall season, featuring stimulating workshops, family togetherness, music floating over the lake, cozy conversations by the fireplace, the sights and smells of fall, and silent auction skirmishes?
Remember – the cost is all-inclusive for room and board, activities and entertainment. … from Friday after dinner through Sunday lunch. Stop by the UU Weekend table during coffee hour for more information and pick up a registration form!
Come experience amazing fall foliage views while making new friends and deepening connections with fellow UUs.
- The weekend will be filled with activities (indoor and outdoor), workshops, music, children’s programs, a silent auction and much, much more.
- You could start off Saturday morning with a hike which rewards you with stunning views of Lake George’s clear blue water amid the gorgeous fall colors of the Adirondacks.
- Saturday and Sunday children’s programming may include a scavenger hunt, superhero cape making and spy training for our younger set, and frisbee golf, archery and human battleship among other activities for the older set. These are samples of possible activities.
- The Keynote Lecture will be presented on Sunday morning this year by Dr. Janice Gallagher.
- Saturday evening participatory entertainment will be presented by The Tamarack Band.
- The Sunday morning worship service in the Chapel will be a hymn sing.
Additional activities include a waterfront (kayaks, canoes, rowboats), 2 gyms, climbing wall, dance/aerobics studio, fitness center, coffeehouse/open mic, silent auction (bring an item that you would like to re-gift).
- General registration and housing questions: Linda Way, (518) 456-8199 or email@example.com
- Programs: Andrea Ricard, firstname.lastname@example.org
“Like” us on Facebook at UU Weekend at Silver Bay to keep up with programming notes, ask questions or post your photos from years past.
UU Weekend brings together fellowship, fun, foliage and friendship. We hope to see you there!
About Silver Bay
Silver Bay is the Silver Bay Association YMCA Family and Conference Center, located near the northern end of Lake George in Silver Bay, NY. The 600 acre classic Adirondack resort has an historical inn with comfortable rooms at various prices with varying amenities. Visit Silver Bay’s website at http:/www.silverbay.org.