Interim Religious Education Consultant
Reports to: Minister
Works with: Acting DRE(20hr/week), RE Program Assistant(10hr/week), Youth Group Leader (all paid staff)
Other RE Community members: Religious Education Council, program volunteers, families
Hours: 5-10 hours per week
Duration: One year beginning July 1, 2021
Responsibilities (preliminary proposal):
- Support Acting DRE in planning and executing RE programming for 2021-22 RE year as the program (hopefully) transitions out of all-online RE to in-person.
- Help the congregation adjust to the departure of the previous DRE due to the many changes of the previous (2020-21) RE year.
- Identify current needs of the congregation and its families that can be served by the RE program, and integrate into overall assessment of program’s strengths, needs and challenges.
- Motivate the congregation and RE Program to deepen commitment to anti-racism work that promotes inclusion and welcomes everyone to our congregation.
- Review Safe Congregation policies and procedures.
- Guide the congregation to recognize itself as a learning community.
- Advocate with the congregation to redefine its vision for the RE Program, and support staff in how to achieve that vision.
- Help the congregation focus its energies to support the post-interim transition.
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are encouraged to apply – equal/equity opportunity employer
Last change: 04/08/2021 8:00pm