Parents and caretakers, please review with your children
We believe that each and every person is important.
- Safety is our first concern!
- Children and youth must remain in classrooms or supervised areas during class time and be supervised by their parents or caregivers before and after class.
- Only gentle play is appropriate at Albany UU.
- Treat everyone with respect. Use caring language and behavior.
We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Be polite. Take turns.
- Care about one another
We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- Make a commitment to regular attendance. Your friends and teachers depend on you.
- Include everyone in activities and planning.
- Participate with enthusiasm.
We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- Share your ideas and respect the ideas of others.
We believe that all persons should have the right to speak out and have a vote about what concerns them.
- Express your opinions constructively.
- Respect the decision of the group.
We believe in working for a peaceful, fair and free world.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Do your best to get along with others and to be helpful.
- Be willing to listen to reminders about your behavior.
- Participate in FUUSA’s social actions projects.
We believe in caring for our planet earth, the home we share with all living things.
- Take good care of our building and grounds. Help clean up.
- Be careful with our space, furniture and materials.
- Use only what you need. Recycle.
- Be gentle with the plants and animals.
- Do not climb trees or walk in the gardens.
-Adapted from work developed at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Austin, Texas, with permission from Andrea Lerner, Metro New York Religious Education Consultant, Unitarian Universalist Association.
In order to minimize the transmission of communicable illnesses, we ask that if your child has any of the following conditions NOT attend RE.
- Fever + 100 (when taken orally)
- Runny nose (thick yellow or green discharge)
- Ear ache (until under treatment or identified as not contagious)
- Sore throat (if strep throat, must be under treatment for 24 hours or more)
- “Pink Eye” (must be receiving treatment for 24 hours or more)
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Head lice (must be “nit free”)
- Cough (must be receiving treatment or improving)
- Draining sore or impetigo
- Chicken Pox (all spots must be completely scabbed over)
- Rash (must be receiving treatment or identified as NOT contagious)
Toward a Safe Congregation Policy
This policy describes our approach to both preventing and responding to behaviors, especially as they are directed toward children, youth and vulnerable adults. http:/members.albanyuu.org/wp/pdf/2018_Safe_Congregation_Policy.pdf