Curious about how to expand your faith, your beliefs, or just want to give back? Let us help you find an organization to pour out your talents, enriching your community and yourself at the same time.
Direct Service Opportunities
Looking for an opportunity to put your faith into action? Here’s just a few ways you can get involved:
- pandemic concerns: It’s important to remember that vaccines protect the vaccinated. Even as restrictions are lifted in New York State, some may choose to take precautions because of inability to be vaccinated (e.g., age, illness, compromised immune system). Please remember that if you are vaccinated, you are still susceptible to being an asymptomatic carrier of Covid-19. Those who wish to take precautions are invited to. If you are no longer taking precautions, please respect the decisions of those who do. Only an individual knows their full risk. It can be perceived as confrontational to ask vaccine-status of others.
- signs only, no chanting (except for meditative religious practice)
- the vigil will automatically be canceled due to threat of severe weather
- to express that Black Lives Matter
- to embolden white people to act against racism
- We carry signs with the same message: “Black Lives Matter,” or “Stand Against Racism.”
- We limit our positive responses to a thumbs-up or a wave.
- We do not respond to any negative reactions, such as heckling.
- One person, not holding a sign, will be designated to take photos of license plates of anyone who is inappropriate.
- We all leave at the end of the vigil, and people leave together.
- If friends join us, we advise them of the measures above.
Stand Against Racism Vigil in Delmar
Join Albany UUs each Saturday to Stand Against Racism, in front of the Delmar Farmers Market at the middle school, 332 Kenwood Avenue, from 9:30 to 10 AM. Welcoming all – whether you live in Delmar, Albany, or anywhere nearby!
Crop Walk for Hunger
Contact Dawn Dana for information on the Crop Walk. See Albany UU featured below!
- Volunteering in the classrooms at Sheridan Preparatory Academy
- Helping with the Sheridan Playground Project
- Collecting funds on the fourth Sunday of the month for Focus Food Pantry
- Collecting warm clothing and blankets for people who are homeless
Other ways Albany UU helps:
African Safari PresentationDecember 8, 2022
African Safari Presentation Karen and Peggy Kaufmann will share their recent ...Learn More
Walker Book GroupDecember 11, 2022
Walker Book Group Join the Walker Book Group on Sunday, December 11 at 5:30...Learn More