Albany Unitarian Universalist
A beacon of liberal religion, social justice and community.
The First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany (“Albany UU”) strives to be a welcoming, inclusive, and theologically and philosophically diverse congregation. With over 300 active members, we are a vibrant community united through life affirming values centered on love and a quest for social justice. As an anti-racist liberal religious community, we seek to foster caring and compassion both among ourselves and as a way of attending to the challenges of our complex, changing world.
For more information about Albany UU, please visit our About page.
Forinformation bout Unitarian Universalism, please visit the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA).
Click here to view the job description, pay rate, etc!
Current Job Openings
Administrative Assistant POSITION FILLED
We seek an Administrative Assistant who will be supervised by the Congregational Life Administrator. The successful candidate will need good collaborative skills to work with multiple teams of volunteers and staff. They must be willing to follow direction and manage time effectively in a supportive relationship with their supervisor. Our staff team workAs closely together in a mutually affirming environment focused on the growth and development of the congregation.
Detailed Job Description
- Receive, screen, and direct calls, mail, email and visitors.
- Update and maintain internal and external congregational databases (membership, email lists for newsletter, volunteer activities, etc.)
- Layout weekly Sunday service bulletin, Google Slide deck, and other publications as needed.
- Create, edit and distribute internal and external publicity for congregational activities, meetings and events using email, posters, Sunday bulletin announcements, social media, website, etc.
- Monitor and manage social media communication (Facebook groups, email groups, responses to posts on web sites)
- Managing our electronic keyless entry “fob” system
- Manage building rentals by the public following congregational guidelines and fee structures.
- Maintain internal congregational documents and archives internally and on our website.
- Assist Congregational Life Administrator with duties as assigned.
- Personal warmth and excellent interpersonal skills
- Skill in multicultural and intergenerational relations
- Strong communication skills working with the public and members.
- Alignment with Unitarian Universalist principles and philosophy.
- Ability to work comfortably with computer application software and database systems.
- Computer software competence with
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Google Office suite (Doc, Sheets, Slides, Gmail)
- Website maintenance (experience preferred with WordPress)
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Church/Customer Management Software (a plus, not required)
Salary: $16/hour for 30 hours a week (M-F 9am-3pm) + benefits
Apply: We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant. It is a 30-hour a week position (9am-3pm M-F) and pays $16/hr. A