We are brave, curious, and compassionate thinkers and doers. We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history and spirituality, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the betterment of all. We have a track record of standing on the side of love, justice, and peace.
We Are Unitarian Universalists
We have radical roots and a history as self-motivated seekers, thinkers and doers. Lifelong learners, we take a mindful approach to the world’s many sources of wisdom, spirituality and critical thought. Life experience is a key influence on our beliefs.
We are theologically diverse. We are Unitarian Universalist and Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Humanist, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, atheist and agnostic, believers in God, and more.
On the forefront of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer inclusion for more than 40 years, we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
We create change: in ourselves, in the world.
Seven days a week, Albany Unitarian Universalists live their faith by doing. Whether in community with others or as individuals, we know that active, tangible expressions of love, justice, and peace are what make a difference. Embracing peace, love, and understanding that goes beyond individual belief systems, we are creators of positive change in people and in the world.
The ways we do it:
- Worship & Inspiration – Sunday mornings and beyond.
- Learning & Growth – spiritual and educational programs for all ages, including various affinity groups that meet on an ongoing basis.
- Action & Service – volunteering and work for justice.
- Connection & Care – caring outreach and mutual support.
- Celebrations & Rites of Passage – child dedications, coming-of-age rituals, weddings and memorials.